Art Deco Revival Inspiration from Paris, France, by Kelle Merrell.
In the heart of Paris, mere steps from the Opera House and the Louvre, sits Hôtel Saint-Marc; an ultra-chic hideaway where luxury, design and exclusivity are one. Built in 1791 on the private residence of the Duc de Choiseul, the property was once the most magnificent in Paris. Today, it stands a vision of a colour, elegance and bold Art Deco charm. Twenty-six impeccably designed rooms make up the hotel, but it’s not just the rooms that will inspire. Incredible design can be found throughout the space; from the marble-clad lobby to the vintage-inspired indoor pool, refined materials, sensuous colour palettes and graphic Art Deco lines abound.
Art Deco, short for Arts Décoratifs, is a design movement characterized by rich colours, bold geometry and decadent detail work. Nearly 100 years after its heyday, the trend is having a glamorous revival. To bring the aesthetic into your home, opt for sleek metals, geometric shapes, dense patterning, and over-the-top glamour. Whether you embrace the trend from floor to ceiling or incorporate just an accessory or two, here are some of our favourite examples of Art Deco design—sure to elevate your space.
1. Black Pineapple Cocktail Shaker: $132, wandpdesign.com
2. Powder Coated Metal Appetizer Dish: $16.99, homesense.ca
3. Jonathan Adler Caan Tapered Table Lamp: $803, themodernshop.com
4. Urban Mod Lumbar Pillow: $39.99, pier1.ca
5. Aly Velji x Mobilia Satya Marble Console Table: $699, mobilia.ca
6. Pleated Blush Ottoman-Stool: $299, cb2.com
7. Origami Mirror: $827, blackroosterdecor.com
8. Cec LePage Petite Coeur Vase: $490, bergodesigns.ca
9. Lucite Arch Shelf: $462, anthropologie.com
10. Crosley CR59-PI Princess Phone (Pink): $94.44, bestbuy.ca
11. “MFJ19” continuous line multi-figure piece: $1,140 (unframed), elissabarber.com
12. OYOY Nordic Glass Candleholder: $39-$47 each, themodernshop.com
13. Vincente Teal Sofa: $2199, cb2.com