Love a pasta salad but want to get more veggies into your diet? If you haven’t tried your hand at a new tool called a spiralizer yet you are really missing out.
This sweet gem turns veggies into spiralized noodle like portions. For this recipe my KitchenAid Mini Stand Mixer does double duty with a spiralizer attachment to make this dish in a snap.
Greek Inspired Sweet Potato Zucchini Pasta
- 1 large sweet potato, spiraled
- 1 large zucchini, spiraled
- 2 large handfuls pea shoots
- 1/2 cup goat feta cubed
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Raw pumpkin seeds to your liking
- Take a handful of each noodle and plate how you like; maybe 1/2 on one side, 1/2 on the other or combine the two together.
- Top with pea shots, feta and pumpkin seeds.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds over the feta for a poppy seed look but with way more nutrient density.
- I love to drizzle a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dried oregano, sea salt and pepper over this or shake it all up in a jar and pour over top.
- You could also lightly sauté this dish and serve warm before topping with your feta and seeds.
About the Author
Host of Simplicity Fusion Flow & Simplicity TV, an International Speaker and regularly contributes her holistic expertise to publications, television and radio shows such as Breakfast Television, Global, CTV, CHCH and Rogers. Jenn sits on the Advisory Board for STRONG Fitness Magazine, iRun, The Social Common and Savvy Mom and is a National Ambassador for […]Read Bio Read Posts